Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday - CCWWW

I always think of this day as both a festive and thoughtful day.  Within a week, people turned against their beloved teacher.  They were willing to nail him to the cross - kill him.  Someone who was a peacemaker and used nonviolence to go against the establishment.  The crowd chose the one who was willing to overthrow Rome with violence. 

Standing back away from the children waving their palms and choirs singing, the day makes me think of how little we have changed as a people. 

I can only pray that we will change.  I can only pray that I wouldn't do the same.  I can only pray - I would stand for peace and have the courage to help turn this ship around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all - I really like your comments, but have had a change of heart regarding anonymous comments. My CCWWW beliefs are that you need to stand behind what you say and what you do. Peace out.