Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby steps: The Charm for Getting Here to There

Hare and the Tortoise. Arthur Rackham (1912) Illustration

 “Inspiration exists, but it must find you working.” ~ Pablo Picasso

 “There are two types of people: The ones who give you 50 reasons it can’t be done … and the ones who just do it.” ~ Hoda Kotb

“It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage that we move on to better things.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” -Lao-tzu


I know everyone has heard the ad nauseam phrase: Rome wasn’t built in a day.  The same is true with your dreams.  You just don’t announce your intent to Motherfather Spirit and voila you have it.  And, it’s also been my experience that you’ll be waiting around a long time if you think Cindy’s Fairy Godmother will show up and wave her magic wand to help you out.  You must be willing to take the baby steps towards your yearning desires.  You need to roll-up your sleeves and put some work into it.

Think about it – you didn’t just pop out the womb and begin walking a marathon.  You took small developmental steps: rolling over, sitting-up, crawling, pulling yourself up, table top walking and all out walking.  These were manageable tasks that helped build up your confidence towards that marathon of a first step.  Likewise, Rome’s city concept probably started off as several villages getting together to help each other out.  Needless to say, Rome of today probably went beyond what they dreamed of.  But, somebody had to take the baby steps.  Somebody had to put out continued energy to keep that dream alive, even those times when things didn't come out as planned.

Here’s how I see it - the initial announcement of to Motherfather Spirit is the first step in your dream.  You visualize your specific outcome using all 5 of your senses; you write it down in SMART format; and through a ritual you direct creative energy out to attract this dream.  What happens in most cases is we put all our energy up front rather than continuing to tend the fire.  We think Motherfather Spirit will do all the work after our ritual.  And, when we don’t get the dream we blame Motherfather Spirit.  But, it doesn’t work that way. 

Most people will tell you that it wasn’t courage or willpower that kept them from their dreams.  What kept them from their dreams was consistency.  My dreams that have come true were the result of continued creative energy being directed towards the outcome.  I had to be the co-creator even if that meant committing 5 minutes daily to think about that dream.  Or, in the case of being a PBP blogger, typing for at least 10 minutes a day on a topic to post; or setting aside daily time to work some stitches for that magical scarf I’m knitting for Yule 2013; or putting in daily steps and following a training plan for the half marathon in May; or setting aside time to write the two required essays and fill out the application for graduate school. 

~#~
by David Mallett

CHORUS:
Inch by inch, row by row
Gonna make this garden grow
Gonna mulch it deep and low
Gonna make it fertile ground

Inch by inch, row by row
Please bless these seeds I sow
Please keep them safe below
'Till the rain comes tumbling down

Pullin' weeds and pickin' stones
We are made of dreams and bones
Need a place to call my own
'Cause the time is close at hand

Grain for grain, sun and rain
Find my way in nature's chain
Till my body and my brain
Tell the music of the land

CHORUS

Plant your rows straight and long
Season with a prayer and song
Mother Earth will make you strong
If you give her loving care

~#~

I spoke with T the engineer about energy.  I wanted to know scientifically if it was better to put all you energy up front or use constant energy to get a task done. 

He gave me a bike riding analogy. 

You can approach riding a distance via bike two ways.  1) You put up all you energy up front.   Yes, it will put you up front of the crowd but the increased wind drag will cause you to expend a lot of energy.  Most times you may not get to the point you intended to.  2) You use a constant steady energy across the distance.  You will get there and may be able to go farther. 

You can watch this same principle viewing Disney’s Tortoise and the Hare Story.  Putting aside the Hare bragging he’d make it to the finish line first, the Hare poops out and takes a nap.  Meanwhile the Tortoise with slow and steady ways wins the race.
~#~

Activity: New Moon Dream Remembrance Ritual

Purple Pillar Candle for Creativity – to be burn for the entire year.  I use Healing Reiki Candles.  and I purchase them from one of my favorite local stores – Pearls of Wisdom
Silver charm baby shoe tied around the candle
Notebook of Dreams (I have a dream notebook and on each page the dream listed at the top.)

On the New Moon, I review my goals and dreams for the year and reflect on how it feels to get that dream completed.  What is the emotion that I’m looking for when I get that dream?

I light the candle each month and write notes about where I’m at on my dreams. And ways to remind myself on those feelings.    Meaning – when I’m down and have to rip out an entire row of stitches because I goofed – what can I do now to make myself feel the emotion of casting off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all - I really like your comments, but have had a change of heart regarding anonymous comments. My CCWWW beliefs are that you need to stand behind what you say and what you do. Peace out.