Friday, January 31, 2014

Candle Spells for new beginnings


Old Woman with Candle
by Matthias Stom (1640)  See it at
Hermitage Museum
You raze the old to raise the new.” - Justina Chen, North of Beautiful

Perhaps that is where our choice lies -- in determining how we will meet the inevitable end of things, and how we will greet each new beginning. ― Elana K. Arnold, Burning

Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy. -Sarah Ban Breathnach

New Moon Energy

I’ve been taught that the New Moon’s energy is filled with new opportunities and new beginnings.  If you goofed up last month, you’ll get a new chance this month.  The New Moon is a time that you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. 

Several of my teachers have compared the New Moon’s time of darkness to springtime.  The time right before a seed bursts out of its casing.  The New Moon is the fertile soil that cradles the seed.  It whispers good thoughts.

Most times, my New Moon ritual is dusting off my altar and changing the salt bowl.  This time allows me to reflect and clear out the mental cobwebs in order to see if I’m on course.  It allows me to return to MotherFather Spirit, because I’ve decided to march off on my own. 

It allows me space to shift my perspectives by clearing my mind.  This allows me to put forth an intention that isn’t mixed with daily living.  It clears away the static between me and Spirit.  It allows the life force to lead me where I need to go.

~#~

“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."

(Little Gidding)” by T.S. Eliot


~#~

 
My candle ritual outline for new beginnings

Ingredients

  • Salt in a dish – to purify the space
  • Paper and pencil
  • Green Candle and holder
  • Pin or knife to mark the candle with the Rune - Fehu
  • New Beginning Oil – My belief is kind of different from other CCWWW.  I believe each CCWWW is their own person and are just as powerful.  My dreams and wishes are clearly different than yours.  Take time and research which essential oils should be part of your ritual.  Sure it is nice to rely on other’s recipes – but I’m one to make it my own.  Below are what I’m using this year. 
    • Juniper – release unwanted emotions
    • Sandalwood (Australian or Indian) – deep connection to your soul
    • Clary Sage – dare to dream, open crown chakra, purification
    • Lemon – refresh, reload
    • Tangerine – laughter, openness, creativity and good luck
    • Black Pepper – for spice and courage
    • Bergamot - Brings success & money
On the new moon – set aside some time in a quiet space.  I use my fireplace, because it is safe place to burn candles.  Also, most nights my family is in the TV room or up in bedrooms studying.

Take the paper and write down what your intentions are.  I also find helpful in bringing props.  (Example, I’m in graduate school and I bring out new notebooks and pencils and pens to put near the candle.  It helps me focus.)  In this case, I will have my little Booklet next where the candle will be burning. 

To me intentions, prayers and spells mean the same thing.  I believe it is also important to put it into your words.  Again, it is nice to use other’s pre-written words, but I believe it is even more powerful for each person to make up their own words.

I do use in my writings:  Thank you for all the gifts and blessings you have given me, May you guide me…, May you help me…, May you watch over me…, May you show me…,   I always end by saying not my will, but your will – so mote it be or Amen

Now that you have you intentions written, I next anoint the candle with essential oil and the Rune Symbol.  I continue to think about what my intentions are that I’m seeking help from MotherFather Spirit as I etch the rune into the candle.  Next, I anoint the candle.  Again, I’m thinking about what I just wrote.  (In my little Booklet’s example, I’m imagining the outcomes twelve months from now.)  Finally, I take the announced candle in my hands and meditate for about a minute. 

Place the candle in the holder. Before lighting the candle, I read what I wrote out loud.  I light the candle and burn the paper that the intention is on.

Candle Safety – do not let a candle burn unintended.  This is why I use my fireplace.  When I was apartment living I’d place the candle in a bowl of water in the sink.  I am one to snuff the candle out and continue to burn the next day.      









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all - I really like your comments, but have had a change of heart regarding anonymous comments. My CCWWW beliefs are that you need to stand behind what you say and what you do. Peace out.