Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Nebula the Muse: Part 2

Homelight. Nebula. 2019
Did you know that the center of a Protostar (the star in the middle of a nebula) is called a Nuclear Furnace? So you can call that the star's "heart." The heart of a star is a furnace. Not much unlike the human heart.” ― C. JoyBell C.

"I am just learning to notice the different colors of stars, and already begun to have enjoyment.” -- Maria Mitchell

Stages of Completion 






Painting provides me another way contemplate and reflect.  Each brush stroke is an opportunity to dialogue with Motherfather Spirit.  I stand back or sit and stare at the painting and ponder different questions.  During my painting of Nebula, I thought about 1) how can I have a life filled with joy and happiness? 2) Does the lack of laughter and silliness a result of life without my muse?; 3) what does life feels like when the two are working as a team?

I want to acknowledge that my critic is needed to inquire and think logically through a problem, and my muse is needed to be a little off the wall for solving a problem. However, my muse can tolerate my critic only so much. She has a tipping point with unnecessary crap and frequent bad news and negative feelings found in meetings or back to back conference calls. These are what my critic thrives on. But, my muse’s heart wants space to dream of orange-vanilla globules and gales of candy pink bubbles. My muse wants to dance under the stars or at least pirouette in her office chair.


This painting felt more intuitive than The Woman with the Flowers in Her Hair. I turned the canvas around and around after putting in the initial color brush strokes. Her face appeared in the canvas and all I had to do is follow the lines to draw her and her hair in. Initially, I saw her as a cross between Cyndi Lauper “Girls want to have fun” and a Joan Jett “Don’t Surrender.” I placed rune marks throughout her hair: peace, love, joy and balance; and only one grouping remains. The runes are symbols for having a peaceful and joyful relationship between the muse and the critic.

Following the first glaze, the colors revealed a different story. She became Nebula: the one who births stars out of dying stardust. Nebula, the muse, is a creator.  It is very descriptive of what I do.  How often do I see something new in broken pieces?  I see the potential of a new star.  As I glazed over the canvas two birds appeared.  I
 left them as outlines and interpreted them as an awakening. 

The painting is an awakening for the muse, critic and I to be better team players.  I have a strong compassion and love for both.  These two in balance make a better me.  






~~~

Nebula (April 2019)
by Homelight

I am the spark, the seed, the first notion of a wish.
Exploding stars, dark giants, orange-vanilla globules, knots of lime green;
primal ephemeral - transformed gas and glitter into fiery lights.
I am the universe of unlimited possibilities.

Exploding stars, dark giants, orange-vanilla globules, knots of lime green,
gales of candy pink bubbles melting metal and sand;
I am the universe of unlimited possibilities.
I lose myself twirling, spiraling in a celestial dance.

Gales of candy pink bubbles melting metal and sand,
primal ephemeral - transformed gas and glitter into fiery lights;
I lose myself twirling, spiraling in a celestial dance.
I am the spark, the seed, the first notion of a wish.


Nebula is written in pantoum form. “The pantoum form is a Malaysian verse form adapted by French poets and occasionally imitated in English. It comprises a series of quatrains, with the second and fourth lines of each quatrain repeated as the first and third lines of the next. The second and fourth lines of the final stanza repeat the first and third lines of the first stanza.” (Poetry Foundation)


Reference:
  1. Poetry Foundation. “Glossary of terms.” Poetryfoundation.org, retrieved 7 May, 2019 https://www.poetryfoundation.org/learn/glossary-terms/pantoum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all - I really like your comments, but have had a change of heart regarding anonymous comments. My CCWWW beliefs are that you need to stand behind what you say and what you do. Peace out.