Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beltane – May Day Thoughts

Howl's Moving Castle
Young Sophie: Calcifer.
Calcifer: Sophie, I'm so tired.
Young Sophie: If I give Howl back his heart, what will happen to you?
Calcifer: I'll be okay if you do it, I think. I mean, you dumped water on me and Howl and we both survived.
Young Sophie: I'd better try then 


Howl's Moving Castle


This day for me is split between thinking of the women who died in the triangle shirtwaist factory fire, people receiving pay that is below a living wage, Rosie the Riveter and workers united day; and the midpoint day between spring equinox and summer solstice.

One of my bucket lists items is to attend the Beltane fires in Edinburgh.  But, tonight at dusk in Ohio, I plan on twisting a sprig of rowan into a ring to wear in hopes of seeing a fairy tonight who I will leave a cake for.  If I was close to water tonight, I’d make a bouquet of flowers to offer to the water spirits. 

I tend to see Beltane as a day of love.  Meaning, it’s a day I take some time to really examine my list of my hopes and dreams I made for the year.  I look at my list and review my progress and examine the reality of those that won’t be completed or harvested (Shine the light on what I really can get done.)  It is a day to nurture those projects along – those I really need or can get done.  (Sprinkle some love on them or as my grandmother would say:  “Light a fire to get my butt moving.”)

Activities of Love:
Planting Basil seeds.
Basil has been associated with creating love spells.  It is my belief that all things need love and nurturing.  In this case, I plan on planting basil tonight for several projects I need to get done.  I plan on planting them into my garden plot and in the process think of my projects lovingly.  I feel the basil will help give my projects the extra love.

Bath Salt Recipe for Goddess Blessings of Love
Bath salts for being more in love with myself – a self-blessing with love.
One of my CCWWW beliefs is that if I don’t love myself than I can’t begin to love others.  Often the reason my projects aren’t coming to completion is rooted in self love.  (I’m not talking about the Narcissistic kind of love.  I’m talking about peace and forgiveness and worthiness kind of love.)  Here is a bath salt recipe:

½ cup of Epson salts
½ cup of sea salt
½ cup of baking soda
10 drops of orange essential oil
10 drops of lime essential oil
8 drops of lavender essential oil


Mix together.  Light candles and take a bath - thinking loving thoughts of yourself during the bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all - I really like your comments, but have had a change of heart regarding anonymous comments. My CCWWW beliefs are that you need to stand behind what you say and what you do. Peace out.