Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PBP KAL – Social Knitwork Scarf Update

BEM copyright - PBP KAL
My first attempt to get people to assist me with this summer KAL (Knit-Along) project seems to demonstrate my poor ability to communicate.  As I wrote before, a KAL is when a group gets together to work on a common project.  This case we are all working on the Social Knitwork Scarf at different levels (i.e., those who are knitting and those who are contributing colors). 
The PBP KAL is to show how art/crafts connect with our spiritual selves.  By giving the scarf away, you create art with meaning that can make a difference in the greater good.  It is my belief that this act of generosity and expression of kindness is a living example of what Buddha stated: “no true spiritual life is possible without a generous heart. . . . Generosity allies itself with an inner feeling of abundance — the feeling that we have enough to share" (Sharon Salzberg, Lovingkindness).  The KAL also supports what Matthew Fox wrote about in Sins of the Spirit, Blessing of the Flesh: "Generosity is about giving without a guaranteed return — it is about the 'giveaway.' I believe that the true moral path of the twenty-first century will be very different from the path of the modern era because it will be marked by generosity."
Facts about this project:
  1. I’m doing the knitting.  You do not have to learn to knit.
  2. This scarf I am knitting is going to my charity of choice – Cat Welfare 
  3. Below is the pattern that is being created by my friends and family and possibly you.  We are connecting together to help orphan cats.  
  4. You can participate in this KAL in two ways.  a) You can be the next person to pick a row color for me to knit and tell me why you chose that color; or b) You can choose to knit a scarf yourself by choosing who you’ll be giving it to, by choosing your own four colors of yarn and by asking your friends, family and hopefully me to help with your design.
The design for my scarf so far:  Cast on with first color (green).  Knit down and back with the colors in purple.  Begin the purple colors again and add those in white. 




<><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><>

Name

Color

Reason

Solar

Green

Color of Nature, Grounding

Merlyn

Natural

Everyone should learn to have fun being themselves

Maria

Coral 1

Because it is pretty

Jean

Blue

For the ocean water of life

Diane

Green

For plant life

Craig

Natural 2

Black like the depths of my soul &with specks of gold-- the light reflecting off the dust of my mind.

Budd

Green

You know green has always been my color

Adrienne

Blue

Weird, I was going to say green how about blue

Tom

Blue

Blue is the color of your eyes

Amy

Coral

Red is still my favorite color

RC

Blue

Blue, because it always makes me smile

Adrienne

Blue

Aqua like the sea

Me

Blue

My favorite color

Kathy

Coral

I love the color of coral, perfect for a hot day

Jakob

Blue

Oxford blue is what I’ll pick

Joyce

Blue

Teal and turquois are my color

Roberto

Coral1

Lavender is a healing color

Fabian

Green

Cause I like the green one

Zyg

Blue

70% of the world is blue

Norma

Blue

It is beautiful

Walter

Natural

Because this has been used the least – fewest repetitions

1. Purple reassigned to Coral


2. Mixed colors reassigned to Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all - I really like your comments, but have had a change of heart regarding anonymous comments. My CCWWW beliefs are that you need to stand behind what you say and what you do. Peace out.