Sunday, May 13, 2012

Jazzing it up: A needed cooking ingredient

Julia Child
“The power of thought, the magic of the Mind!” ~ Lord Byron

“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!” ~ Julia Child, My Life in France

“Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” ~ Julia Child

“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.” ~ Julia Child, My Life in France

My mom started her second part time job when I was in middle school.  One of my chores to help out was to fix dinner.  It was a matter of two weeks when I got sick of preparing variations on Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, spaghetti and meatloaf, potatoes and green beans.  My siblings were fine with the favorite food meals in my house, but for me there had to be something more. 

PBS was running Julia Child re-runs of her original cooking show.   I loved watching Julia’s show because she was funny and she looked like she was having a great time.  Julia made cooking look easy and magical.  I also liked her because she wasn’t a skinny chef.  Julia looked like she ate what she cooked.  That meant a lot to me, especially when I was being told I was fat weighing in at 110lbs at 5’4”. 

I use to believe all you’d get great results if you only followed the recipe by focusing; being determined and concentrating.  But, I learned this wasn’t true.  Your frame of mind has a powerful influence in how your food tastes.  You can either “jazz it up” with love energy or “dirge it down” with angry and sadness. 

One book immediately comes to my mind that illustrates this point is Como Agua Para Chocolate (Like Water for Chocolate) by Mexicanwriter Laura Esquivel.  This is a must read for all CCWWW.   The main character Tita is able to emerse the food she cooks with her emotions.  The narrator tells us Tita’s story in twelve monthly installments complete with recipes.  We learn about Tita’s magical skills when she bakes Chabela Wedding Cake for the man she loved.  Unfortunately, he was marrying her sister.  Tita cries into the batter and those who eat the cake?  They are overcome with sadness and despair.   And, then Tita creates her dish of love "Quails in rose petal sauce."  Seeclip.  

Back in my E=mc2 post, I wrote about this.  Specifically, your thoughts can create reality.  And, I know when I talk to people many are thinking: “thoughts having energy – poppycock.  You’re feeding me a crock of hog wash.” 

I wrote of Masaru Emoto’s a Japanese researcher and his study.  He took pictures of water crystal.  Specifically he was looking at their crystalline form.  Most startling to me were the photos of water crystals that had been exposed to thoughts of love and kindness vs. I hate you thoughts.  When I wrote in analyze about questioning – the scientific evidence of Emoto convinced me this was the case.

He also did another experiment around rice.  Over the next four weeks I plan on carrying out this experiment.  See clip

Rice Experiment:

Materials needed
3 canning jars with lids
Cooked rice
3 index cards and tape
Timer

Procedure: 
Fill all three jars with cooked rice.
On jar Number one, write “I love you” on the index card and tape it to the outside of the jar.
On jar Number two, write “I hate you” on the index card and tape it to the outside of the jar.
On jar Number three, write nothing on the card and tape it to the outside of the jar.  This is your control jar.

Place the jars in three separate places on the dining room buffet.  Each day: the jars will have one minute of focus with the feelings of the words.  If you feel angry and had a bad day – now would be the time to tell that jar how you feel.  The “I love you” jar - give it feelings of love (kissing, hugging and singing love songs are welcomed).  The control jar – just leave alone.

Record observed results.



Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Jar Love







Jar Hate







Jar Cont













No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all - I really like your comments, but have had a change of heart regarding anonymous comments. My CCWWW beliefs are that you need to stand behind what you say and what you do. Peace out.